Dan Morris con Bayes' Theorem Examples: A Visual Introduction For Beginners (English Edition)
***** #1 Kindle Store Bestseller in Mathematics (Throughout 2016) *****
***** #1 Kindle Store Bestseller in Education Theory (Throughout 2017) *****
If you are looking for a short beginners guide packed with visual examples, this book is for you.
Bayes' Theorem Examples: A Beginners Visual Approach to Bayesian Data Analysis
If you’ve recently used Google search to find something, Bayes' Theorem was used to find your search results. The same is true for those recommendations on Netflix.
Hedge funds? Self-driving cars? Search and Rescue? Bayes' Theorem is used in all of the above and more.
At its core, Bayes' Theorem is a simple probability and statistics formula that has revolutionized how we understand and deal with uncertainty. If life is seen as black and white, Bayes' Theorem helps us think about the gray areas. When new evidence comes our way, it helps us update our beliefs and create a new belief.
Ready to dig in and visually explore Bayes' Theorem? Let’s go!
Over 60 hand-drawn visuals are included throughout the book to help you work through each problem as you learn by example. The beautifully hand-drawn visual illustrations are specifically designed and formatted for the kindle.
This book also includes sections not found in other books on Bayes' Rule. These include:
- A short tutorial on how to understand problem scenarios and find P(B), P(A), and P(B|A). - For many people, knowing how to approach scenarios and break them apart can be daunting. In this booklet, we provide a quick step-by-step reference on how to confidently understand scenarios.
- A few examples of how to think like a Bayesian in everyday life. Bayes' Rule might seem somewhat abstract, but it can be applied to many areas of life and help you make better decisions. Learn how Bayes can help you with critical thinking, problem-solving, and dealing with the gray areas of life.
- A concise history of Bayes' Rule. - Bayes' Theorem has a fascinating 200+ year history, and we have summed it up for you in this booklet. From its discovery in the 1700’s to its being used to break the German’s Enigma Code during World War 2.
- Fascinating real-life stories on how Bayes' formula is used everyday.From search and rescue to spam filtering and driverless cars, Bayes is used in many areas of modern day life.
- An expanded Bayes' Theorem definition, including notations, and proof section. - In this section we define core elementary bayesian statistics terms more concretely.
- A recommended readings sectionFrom The Theory That Would Not Die to Think Bayes: Bayesian Statistics in Pythoni> and many more, there are a number of fantastic resources we have collected for further reading.
If you are a visual learner and like to learn by example, this intuitive Bayes' Theorem 'for dummies' type book is a good fit for you.
Praise for Bayes' Theorem Examples
"...What Morris has presented is a useful way to provide the reader with a basic understanding of how to apply the theorem. He takes it easy step by easy step and explains matters in a way that almost anyone can understand. Moreover, by using Venn Diagrams and other visuals, he gives the reader multiple ways of understanding exactly what is going on in Bayes' theorem. The way in which he presents this material helps solidify in the reader's mind how to use Bayes' theorem..."
- Doug E. - TOP 100 REVIEWER
"...For those who are predominately "Visual Learners", as I certainly am, I highly recommend this book...I believe I gained more from this book than I did from college statistics. Or at least, one fantastic refresher after 20 some years after the fact."
- Tin F. TOP 50 REVIEWER